VOGONS

First post, by SodaSuccubus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just got this curiosity in today, i know there's a few LS486-E's out there, but i can't for the life of me figure out any indication of which this one is for a jumper manual search.

Im struggling to get these nasty stand offs out of the board too, but im too scared to try to rip em out with force as the board allready has a few tiny scratches on it (not deep scratches mind you , nor any on the circuitry itself but...).

Think that'l cause any issues? You can see one on the second picture.

Thanks 😁

Attachments

Reply 2 of 5, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have one of those. Dunno what revision it is, so I just call it "LS-486E bigger version". Because it's bigger 😀

Attachments

Reply 3 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can you turn it on and show us the POST screen ? It may help us finding out who made it ^^

@quicknick How is it bigger ? I can't see any difference ! (Which is nice for him !)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 4 of 5, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There seem to be many revisions of the LS-486E, most of them are a few cm shorter and have a different layout (most striking are the location of cache and BIOS chips, VRM and southbridge). Got two of those also 😀

But this one is bigger, and I've attached the right manual (I hope).