VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was getting tired of having to dig for the system variation specs of all the U.S. Aptiva split systems so I made it easy for anyone else who gets OCD over small portions of computer history like me 😀.

I created this excel file with a complete, as I know it, list of these models just to share with everyone who may have been curious or looking to buy one themselves. Please let me know if there are any changes or additions that would need made. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 4.44.22 PM.png
Filename
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 4.44.22 PM.png
File size
160.72 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good work ! Never figured out why IBM (took a not so small mini tower (like in 2142) and) moved the CDROM and Floppy to a separate box just so it could be under the monitor. It actually made the total space required for the entire computer much larger instead of just making a small footprint desktop that the monitor could sit on.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 2, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lol! Yeah I hear ya. A friend of mine had one of these when we were younger and I was always so jealous. As a kid/teenager the design was just so “awesome!” though so I have a wierd obsession with that particular series. More for nostalgia reasons than any other.