VOGONS

Reply 40 of 46, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks like a full reinstall...
EZ-Drive Dynamic Drive Overlay
Having said that, maybe you can use something like Ghost /DriveImage to do a full backup and restore. Mileage may vary.

Reply 41 of 46, by therevisiona

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gex85 wrote on 2020-05-18, 07:57:
I am in a similar situation, I have a 430TX board which limits the HDD size to 7.9GB in BIOS. The smallest HDD I had at hand was […]
Show full quote
therevisiona wrote on 2020-05-17, 17:32:
Use Ontrack disk manager. Download it here: https://www.philscomputerlab.com/ontrack-disk-manager.html Set drive to not installe […]
Show full quote

Use Ontrack disk manager.
Download it here:
https://www.philscomputerlab.com/ontrack-disk-manager.html
Set drive to not installed in bios, or type 47 without any parameters.
Follow instructions and it should work (of course if your OS supports 1TB)

I am in a similar situation, I have a 430TX board which limits the HDD size to 7.9GB in BIOS. The smallest HDD I had at hand was 20 GB, so I made a primary partition that used all the space the BIOS could "see", formatted it with FAT32, installed Win95C, works like a charm.
I never had to use a disk manager before (because I always had HDDs of the right size), so I am a bit hesitant to install it over an existing Windows installation. I took me quite some time to get everything up and running so I am not feeling like screwing it up, but it would certainly be a plus being able to use the whole disk.

So what would happen if I installed Ontrack disk manager over the existing Windows installation? Will it work?

The ontrack disk manager will format the HDD, so no, it will not work. It makes a small primary partition with the ontrack software, whih then points to the bigger partition and begins loading whatever OS you have there.

Reply 42 of 46, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
evasive wrote on 2020-05-18, 07:50:

Alas that is not an Intel board but an Anigma "Lawman" board made by Solectron/SCI. You have the final bios that was released for it.

Says intel 430tx on the mobo chips. Alas it is and only paid 35 usd for it

Reply 45 of 46, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If it works properly and you can run what you intended to run in there that is a fair price indeed. At the very least you know what it is and how to set it for certain CPUs.

Reply 46 of 46, by Unrealcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
evasive wrote on 2020-05-18, 18:17:

If it works properly and you can run what you intended to run in there that is a fair price indeed. At the very least you know what it is and how to set it for certain CPUs.

and it has 2 USB ports 🤣