VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So in another topic I shared the pinout for the ps2 header according to Asus, now my optical mouse lights up red but windows reports no mouse, works fine with USB or serial however.

I rechecked everything and I know I've got it wired right unless Asus printed it wrong in the manual. What else could be the issue, I check bios and ps2 mouse is set to enable.

Reply 1 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
candle_86 wrote on 2020-05-18, 02:56:

So in another topic I shared the pinout for the ps2 header according to Asus, now my optical mouse lights up red but windows reports no mouse, works fine with USB or serial however.

I rechecked everything and I know I've got it wired right unless Asus printed it wrong in the manual. What else could be the issue, I check bios and ps2 mouse is set to enable.

So it gets 5v or laser would not light. Off top of my head: IRQ 12 being used by some other device. Data and Clock reversed. Bad ps2 mouse...
Are you using any adapter or KVM on the mouse ? Many USB mice are not Ps2 backward compatible unless they say so. Most KVM do interfer with mice more than KB's for some reason. Just some thoughts...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 4, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

its an HP PS2 mouse, it works fine on my GX1, ill try to swap clck and data, it matches what ASUS says but maybe they got it wrong

Reply 3 of 4, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine's fixed now, knowing that star tech doesn't use a standard color wiring diagram i probbed the one i hooked to the TXP4, the first one i tested went into another system, i fixed it, turns out green on my other is ground, and brown is clock

Reply 4 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
candle_86 wrote on 2020-05-18, 12:37:

Mine's fixed now, knowing that star tech doesn't use a standard color wiring diagram i probbed the one i hooked to the TXP4, the first one i tested went into another system, i fixed it, turns out green on my other is ground, and brown is clock

Double shittt. Ok thanks so will check mine to make sure. You would think the chinese could at least wire up ps2 the same on same adapters, found mine and they say origin: china and are startech labeled. Grrrr 🤣

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun