VOGONS

First post, by jewesta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all!

I dumped the BIOSes of some of my year 2000-ish Athlon motherboards today and made some updates. I inadvertently flashed my K7V-T to version 1007 (release). It had the 1008 Beta 001-D installed. I had dumped the 1008 beta with my EEPROM writer (and verified the image) before and so was able to restore it. But for some reason I do not understand the board only POSTs with it but fails to boot. I cannot enter the setup and it doesn't get further than the "checksum error - defaults loaded" message. The blue Award logo is now also weirdly missing during POST. CMOS resets etc. won't help. I believe the dump must have gotten damaged. I can write version 1007 and it will work fine. But I remember that I had updated to 1008 Beta for a reason back in the day. So I would like to get that back.

Asus still have the latest 1007 release version on their website. But I cannot find the newer 1008 beta. Extensive googling did not help either. I've attached my (possibly broken) dump of the BIOS.

Does anyone here have this beta bios per chance? As far as I know the 001-D is the latest there is. I would be very grateful. 😀

Here's a scrteenshot from when the board still worked with the 001-D:

IMG_4073.jpeg
Filename
IMG_4073.jpeg
File size
227.18 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Thanks!

Jens

Attachments