VOGONS

First post, by Delerious

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. New guy here, and I have an old Packard Bell computer (yep, I'm one of those guys) -- the model is an M415 (PB810 board). I recently bought some parts for it: a Pentium 233 MMX, which I successfully got running at the proper frequency, some RAM and a video card. The RAM in question is Hyundai RAM that only seems to read at 8 MB per stick, but each stick is rated at 32MB PC66. The RAM model is HYM7V64401 TRG-10, and I'm guessing it's not totally compatible with my system. My question is if anyone else with a similar system has any recommendation as to which RAM I should be using? I want to get it running at 64MB ideally.

The other question I have is regarding video. From what I understand, adding a video card is supposed to automatically disable the onboard video, but when I inserted it, it wasn't picking it up. It's an ATI Rage XL 8MB PCI card if that means anything. Could also be that the card is just bad, but I want to make sure I know for sure before I try investing in another card.

Cheers!