VOGONS

First post, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had grouped all the drivers for a D505 together? As I am having trouble finding the correct drivers. I thought that the video chip was an Intel extreme 2 (e46z36us.exe), but the driver doesn't install. Well it looks like it will but then stops.
So I installed the chipset first (infinst_enu.exe), seems to see the 855GM/855GME, but the video driver still will not install.
I see that someone else has found the drivers for the D600 (which I downloaded and tried), but I am still left with PCI devices (Audio, Video, Network) that don't have drivers. Also the links to the Intel site for the drivers has moved on the Intel side.

Also, it would make it easier if I had a util that would list the devices on the D505, CPUZ doesn't seem to list them. Is there another one that is better?
EDIT: I see HWINFO has DOS version, I'll try that.

Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Craig

“Wyrd bið ful āræd. Fate is inexorable.”

Reply 1 of 12, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The drivers for the Latitude D505 seem to be only available for Win XP and 2000: https://www.dell.com/support/home/es-co/produ … de-d505/drivers so maybe not all hardware has drivers available for win98.

Reply 2 of 12, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DosFreak has a post that he got the D505 working with Win 98. but I am too new, I cannot PM him.
Dell Latitude D505 running Windows 98SE!

Reply 3 of 12, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CraigAB69 wrote on 2020-05-27, 02:59:

DosFreak has a post that he got the D505 working with Win 98. but I am too new, I cannot PM him.
Dell Latitude D505 running Windows 98SE!

You should maybe try to reply his post. It's a 13-years necropost, but maybe worth trying.

Reply 4 of 12, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yea, I'm not real keen to do that. I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

*ideally* I would like to get Win 3.11 as functional as possible as well.

Reply 5 of 12, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wIZT4XwRTYs … qMwx7lEE9yY7qin

Covers Windows 9x,NT4 - Vista,2008

Windows 3.1x should work but you'll likely just need to use generic VESA drivers for video.
Sound card should be AC97, I don't know if there are Windows 3.x drivers for that or not.

You'd probably be better off using DOSBox.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 12, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

I am still having trouble with the Audio. It seems to be looking for a PCI chipset driver. Attached is a pic. I thought I had the correct chipset driver installed as the video works just fine.

Attachments

• d505PCI.jpg
    Filename
    d505PCI.jpg
    File size
    41.38 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 12, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CraigAB69 wrote on 2020-05-28, 02:41:

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

I am still having trouble with the Audio. It seems to be looking for a PCI chipset driver. Attached is a pic. I thought I had the correct chipset driver installed as the video works just fine.

Please download and run pcilist.exe under Windows and post a screencap from sound card info (and for any other device you need a driver for) . Link http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/pci_list.html

Reply 8 of 12, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you.
I remembered that I had not installed Direct X 9. So now the Audio driver tells me "The NTKERN.vxd, MMDEVLDR.vxd device loaders for this device could not load the device driver (code 2)"

Attachments

• Filename
    PCIList.txt
    File size
    3.33 KiB
    Downloads
    35 downloads
    File license
  • AudioPCI.jpg
    Filename
    AudioPCI.jpg
    File size
    62.58 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 11 of 12, by zyga64

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote on 2020-05-27, 13:36:

Windows 3.1x should work but you'll likely just need to use generic VESA drivers for video.
Sound card should be AC97, I don't know if there are Windows 3.x drivers for that or not.

There are: http://turkeys4me.byethost4.com/programs/?i=2

1) VLSI SCAMP /286@20 /4M /CL-GD5422 /CMI8330
2) i420EX /486DX33 /16M /TGUI9440 /GUS+ALS100+MT32PI
3) i430FX /K6-2@400 /64M /Rage Pro PCI /ES1370+YMF718
4) i440BX /P!!!750 /256M /MX440 /SBLive!
5) iB75 /3470s /4G /HD7750 /HDA

Reply 12 of 12, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nope, still the same issue: "The NTKERN.vxd, MMDEVLDR.vxd device loaders for this device could not load the device driver (code 2)"

I have installed DX9 and used the Win98 auto-patcher.

Either I am not doing something in the correct order or I simply don't have the hardware driver.