VOGONS

First post, by JaKSLaP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi;

I want to connect my Windows 10 Gaming PC GTX970 to my Sony Trinitron SD TV. I recently purchased a DVI-I cable to component, and it did not work all the colours where mixed up.

Now, i dont want to keep ordering different cables and adapter to get this working. I want to connect my PC to my CRT via HDMI\DVI to component to output 240p and 480i.

Can someone please recommend a good enough adapter that will do that job?

Reply 1 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JaKSLaP wrote on 2020-06-03, 00:04:
Hi; […]
Show full quote

Hi;

I want to connect my Windows 10 Gaming PC GTX970 to my Sony Trinitron SD TV. I recently purchased a DVI-I cable to component, and it did not work all the colours where mixed up.

Now, i dont want to keep ordering different cables and adapter to get this working. I want to connect my PC to my CRT via HDMI\DVI to component to output 240p and 480i.

In theory, something like the Portta N3CHRSP should do the trick , assuming the sparse specs to be found on the Internet are true . I could not even find it on portta.com .

Reply 2 of 4, by JaKSLaP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote on 2020-06-03, 02:36:
Hi; […]
Show full quote

Hi;

In theory, something like the Portta N3CHRSP should do the trick , assuming the sparse specs to be found on the Internet are true . I could not even find it on portta.com .

Thanks yeah i checked that but its should out. Been searching online for a couple of weeks now for solutions can cant find anything.

Reply 3 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JaKSLaP wrote on 2020-06-03, 02:47:
darry wrote on 2020-06-03, 02:36:
Hi; […]
Show full quote

Hi;

Thanks yeah i checked that but its should out. Been searching online for a couple of weeks now for solutions can cant find anything.

Another option to consider is VGA to component, as, if I am not mistaken, your card supports VGA output with a passive DVI-I to VGA adapter (likely included with card) . It is actually the last generation that does have VGA . That adapter would have to be an active one as I am pretty certain Nvidia cards can only output RGB over VGA and not YPbPr (component)

That said, I am not certain recent NVIDIA drivers allow for 480i over HDMI/DVI or VGA (240p is even more unlikely), so you would probably need a converter than can downscale .