VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anyone know where i can find a replacement, one of mine is completely fried the other flickers pretty bad, but id like to get replacements to make them work again

Reply 1 of 3, by kalohimal

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can search for "7 segment display" on ebay. Note that there is common cathode and common anode type. Also note the size and LED color. If there is a local electronics components store in your area you can get them there too. You'll need to desolder the original and replace with the new ones, as the PCB and the jumpers are unique to each model.

Slow down your CPU with CPUSPD for DOS retro gaming.

Reply 2 of 3, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well that works for one of them, but the other one is burned, it shorted out and damaged the pcb, so does anyone make a complete replacement I could stick in there. If not I may get a static decals to inside the window and throw a 12v led on

Reply 3 of 3, by CMB75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
candle_86 wrote on 2020-06-17, 02:32:

Well that works for one of them, but the other one is burned, it shorted out and damaged the pcb, so does anyone make a complete replacement I could stick in there. If not I may get a static decals to inside the window and throw a 12v led on

Before going that route (with static decals inside a window) I'd like to suggest getting a stripboard and, as mentioned before, some 7-digit-LEDs (like these: https://www.jameco.com/shop/ProductDisplay?ca … productId=17187)

Of course you've got to measure and check your dimensions and sizes of the components.

That way you could set up either a fixed number (easy), or a turbo button switch for two fixed numbers (a little more effort) or using pin headers and jumpers, selectable numbers with a switch (even a little more effort). Needless to say you've got plenty more options to tweak in either direction (fake it or even fancier than original).