VOGONS

First post, by hejluxom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I had a Toshiba Libretto 70 that was in really bad shape, but the motherboard is still okay. I don't like to throw away still working stuff so thought maybe I can make a desktop setup from it. It would be quite nice and small. The built in yamaha OPL is a plus, no 3d acceleration though. But maybe you dont need that for 120 MMX. 😀

After some digging on the web I found the pinout for the dock connector, where is:
03 - mousdt
04 - mousck
05 - exkbdt
06 - exkbck
so I guess mouse and keyboard data and clock, so basically I think I can direct connect a ps2 mouse and keyboard. Also there are pins for the vga out.

What you guys think?

And yes, it will be easier to get a docking station, but this enhanced one is absolutely impossible to get.

Attachments

Last edited by hejluxom on 2020-06-16, 18:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by hejluxom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the rest of the pics.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 2, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's no active components in the port replicator or the dock, so you can just hook into those pins and get those signals.

I've done this mod: Install PS/2 Mouse Port on Libretto 50CT Port Replicator. It worked, although one of the comments suggests that it would work better with a pull-up resistor. I haven't done more on that, but I did have keyboard and mouse working with the small Libretto dock.
(Then I got hold of a 70CT with the big dock and now there's not much point)