First post, by Miphee
When I set the CMOS clear jumper to the normal position (1-2) the board won't start at all when I press the power button. Probably a short circuit that prevents the PSU from starting.
When I set it to the clear position (2-3) or remove the jumper the board starts automatically when I plug it in. All fans spinning and the diagnostic card shows 00C1 error code. If I plug the jumper in the normal position it stops immediately. When I remove it, it starts again. Something spooking the PSU.
Things I checked so far:
- voltages are present
- CLK present but irdy and frame aren't
- no visible damages on either side: no broken traces, no contacting chip legs, no burn marks, solder joints are good
- the 82443 chip is missing the original heatsink. I measure 47 C° (116 °F) on that chip
- Measured all chips and FETs and they all generate some heat between 28-47 C°. It doesn't mean much but it's a sign of some life and no sign of anything overheating
- CPU is good, tried 3: PII/350, PII/400, PIII/500
- BIOS chip is good
- no short circuit on the main rails
- no short circuit between slot contacts
- fresh battery installed
- no configurable jumpers other than the CMOS clear, KB pwr on and the case open alert.
So far nothing. Any ideas?