VOGONS

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
im seaching for way how to connect case USB header to back case USB port(s) for MB without USB headers only back panel ports. Its hassle to connect USB sticks to back on case and newer cases have nice fort USB ports, some USB extension cable from the back of case to table or USB hub is other mess on desk.
Exists some cable for this?

I know that i can use some additional USB controller, but they are slots eaters and i never have enough slots.. They also could be some driver issues with them etc and i not sure if they even have USB headers, it more USB3 controller thing.

It seems that i need something called: USB 2.0, IDC 5 Male (single row) to USB A Male

Has someone experience with these?

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 1 of 4, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got had:
- A cable that allows connecting a internal USB 3.0 header to external USB ports, but I removed it when I had a MB with internal USB 3.0 header (something like this).
- A USB 3.0 front panel (that included a hub), and it came with cables to connect it to standard USB 3.0 ports.
- A USB 2.0 front panel with audio connections, USB port, card reader and IEEE1394 port... and everything had to be connected to back of case.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 2 of 4, by Benedikt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could also make your own cable!

What you need is a normal USB cable and a dupont crimp tool with appropriate crimp connectors.
Search your favorite *bay site for "dupont crimp tool and kit" or something like that.
They are quite affordable. If you intend to build more custom stuff in the future, that might pay off.

Reply 4 of 4, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, now i know what i need, only price with shipping is high, but its better than try to make it myself.. it would be not reliable and i dont like the process.

I checked also some USB2 controller, they whare internal header for its just normal USB female port.. so it would need exactly same thing.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.