VOGONS

First post, by ykot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In another project of mine, I've got an A-Trend OPTi-895 1442G v1.3 motherboard.
The closest source of information about it that I could find is here (currently down, wayback link). It mentions v1.2 of the board, but seems to be almost the same.

However, I can't really decode its CPU configuration jumpers. For instance, in CPU speed table it mentions exactly same settings for all and when it says "3 2 1", what does it mean?
Furthermore, that page mentions voltages 3.3 and 5, but currently the board is configured at 3.45V (I can measure 3.48V from the voltage regulator). So it looks like there is some information missing.

Does anyone has similar board who could share some more insight on how to configure this? From quick tests, seems to be a fast board and I've read some good comments about the chipset, but couldn't really find more useful information on how to configure the jumpers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Actually found more detailed manuals at this location. This motherboard was briefly discussed in another post.
From the manual it seems that the board is configured for 3.3V CPU, but as I've said above, I am reading 3.48V (and the installed CPU is 3.45V). Maybe there is a hidden jumper for this?

Attachments

Last edited by ykot on 2020-06-23, 17:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 1, by ykot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

By the way, if you look at the photo, on CPU there is a sticker with date "10-11-95"; this can be seen because I've removed the heatsink before taking the photo. It is nice and all, but the sticker was placed on CPU, then a heatsink was installed on top of it, and in fact, there is a stain on heatsink from the sticker!

I am wondering if this was common back in 1995, to use paper stickers as thermal pads...

Attachments

• heatsink.jpg
    Filename
    heatsink.jpg
    File size
    8.42 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain