VOGONS

First post, by AngelRF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi to all, recently I updated my 486, from Windows 3.1 to Windows for Workgroups 3.11, because I wanted network support. My mouse is a Microsoft/IBM compatible from Commodore.

I updated using the normal setup, installing on the same directory of windows 3.1. When I rebooted the mouse was not working.

I tried to replace the drivers using the DOS windows setup, and it sometimes worked. Last time it solved using Logitech driver, weird.

Yesterday was working with the Logitech driver, and this morning it was not (I tried to use Microsoft's and Logitch's drivers, even Genie's one, and replacing those with the setup, none of it worked anymore). I didn't do anything between I turned off yesterday and booting today, I'm tired of this, and I already tried to reinstall windows a couple of times.

Do anyone could help me, or have the same issue? It will be very appreciated. Thanks for listening to me.

Reply 2 of 4, by AngelRF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2020-07-03, 14:34:

In Win3.11 enter setup and change the driver to “Microsoft mouse”.

I alredy have done that, switching with and without replacing the .drv file. And even when sometimes works, next day is not working again.
In w3.1 i use to had "Microsoft or IBM compatible", but since the update I had a lot of problems. It got sometimes solved replacing the driver, but how I said, next day is again, not working. Now, replacing the driver seems no longer working. Thanks for the reply

Reply 3 of 4, by NScaleTransitModels

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Do you have any other serial mice that you could try? I had a serial mouse that only worked intermittently, like what you described, and my other mice didn't have that problem.

Builds:

• ECS FX-3000; 386DX-40@50; ET4000AX, ISA 1mb
  • Acer VI9; 486DLC-40; Mach32, VLB 2mb
  • Chicony CH-471A; CX486s-40; Mach32, VLB 2mb
  • Gateway 2000 P5-60; Pentium-60@66; S3 928, PCI 3mb
  • DTK PKM-0033S; AM5x86-133@160

Reply 4 of 4, by AngelRF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
NScaleTransitModels wrote on 2020-07-03, 23:59:

Do you have any other serial mice that you could try? I had a serial mouse that only worked intermittently, like what you described, and my other mice didn't have that problem.

Acually, no, I don't have more serial mouses. Just a couple PS/2.
Your mouse worked intermittently? Like, it works one day and the next doesn't? And it got temporarely solved by touching the drivers? (And next 2 reboots or next day goes back to the non working state)
But I can get another serial mouse from a friend to test that.
Thanks for the reply.