Reply 20 of 25, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Cool, thanks

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 25, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow, what a little treasure box. Someone spent a huge amount of money there. I'm surprised given the obvious interest that the owner just let it go (I'm assuming middle aged guy is the builder). Or maybe a relative? I never found anything this sophisticated.

I'm curious to know what's on the failing disk too. Maybe some utility can at least generate a file list.

Great news that you found it!

Reply 23 of 25, by Socket3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hwh wrote on 2020-07-15, 00:41:

Wow, what a little treasure box. Someone spent a huge amount of money there. I'm surprised given the obvious interest that the owner just let it go (I'm assuming middle aged guy is the builder). Or maybe a relative? I never found anything this sophisticated.

I'm curious to know what's on the failing disk too. Maybe some utility can at least generate a file list.

I haven't managed to get anything off it... it won't even spin up correctly anymore. It tries to spin up and then stops and starts over again.

Reply 24 of 25, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That is an awesome find! Thanks for sharing.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 25 of 25, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Socket3 wrote on 2020-08-22, 19:04:
hwh wrote on 2020-07-15, 00:41:

I haven't managed to get anything off it... it won't even spin up correctly anymore. It tries to spin up and then stops and starts over again.

Oh yeah, I've got a disk like that. I put it vertical and it worked once. The head still bounced around when reading, but seemingly the data was there. Since then I haven't been able to get it to pass the reality check. Without that, it won't try to read.