VOGONS

First post, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just got this motherboard

TS-486 Terminator or SMT4321-22A.

I found some resources here, but sadly there is no description of jumpers.

Before I pick multimeter and start figuring out the settings I wondered if someone has a manual or better doc.

DSC_7544-scaled.jpeg

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 3 of 10, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think unless someone finds a manual (maybe evasive has something in his HDD ?) You'll have to retro engineer it ...

First of all, I think the jumper right above the CPU controls the voltage as the vrm is right next to it.
Next the three jumpers next to the CPU on the opposite side must be controlling the fsb and finally it the big chunk of jumpers must control the CPU settings.
The rest must be controlling the cache.

Some more competent folks may be able to help you to figure out the CPU settings. (For the CPU voltage you can probably check the settings with the CPU removed and a multimeter)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 10, by computerguy08

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I managed to find this manual (from elhvb.com). I enhanced it a little bit, so it's more readable:

Filename
TS-486_enhanced.pdf
File size
1.06 MiB
Downloads
140 downloads
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 6 of 10, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Added to our website

ts486 uh19.png
Filename
ts486 uh19.png
File size
227.82 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

(can't wait to release this to public ! )

By the way can you please dump your bios ? It may be a different rev than the one available online.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 7 of 10, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there's at least two variants, one with the ali5119 I/O and one with an SMC I/O chip, yet to be identified. Do NOT just flash any bios on this board before checking what I/O chip you have or you may need to reflash it externally.

Reply 9 of 10, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Deksor wrote on 2020-07-24, 22:44:

I think unless someone finds a manual (maybe evasive has something in his HDD ?) You'll have to retro engineer it ...

Yeah that gift that keeps on giving... I downloaded a lot of stuff over the years it seems...