First post, by renejr902
Hi! have a IBM PC Pentium 233mx with dual partition dos 6.22 and win98se. 128mb edo. Integrated Crystal CS4236b soundcard. And a ISA Zoltrix 5200 Plus v.2 that i use in dos, Only for the gameport.
Integrated matrox mystique 2mb that is disable in hardware profile . Geforce FX 5200 128mb PCI version. I dont have agp port on my motherboard.
When i tried need for speed iii hot pursuit at 800 x600 in full graphics i got not more than 10 fps i think. maybe 15 fps at medium setting.
i dont think its normal. But games are beautiful and full d3d graphics correction. Moto racer 2 same thing around 15 fps. most games i tried same thing. tomb raider 3 run maybe at 25-30fps. If i remember well my voodoo1 with a p2 200 run these games a lot better than that. a fx 5200 pci 128mb should be more powerful than that. What do you think guys?
- could it be the power supply ?
- i didnt not install chipset drivers does that exist in that time ? and my board has no agp port.
- i ran the best geforce driver recommended 45.43 version. Direct X 8.1.
- could it be edo ram ?
- any ideas ?
- i dont have any conflict in device manager, but could i miss a driver?
- could it be that board and computer cant support really a fx 5200 128mb pci ?
thanks for help !