VOGONS

First post, by Paul92

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all.

So I got this beautiful old motherboard complete with Pentium MMX 200mhx CPU & a GX2 card, with a few other bits & pieces.

When I plugged it in, everything was dead on the screen, and the CPU fan doesn't spin.

I can't for the life of me find any model number or anything, so that I can find more info online.

Attached are two photos

Any advice will be helpful, as I don't want to throw this out, and I want to save it if possible.

Thanks

My worst fear is that I killed it when I tested it using an old AT Power supply, that was used on my old 286 motherboard. The motherboard that blew two capicitors
IMG-20200730-150816.jpg
IMG-20200730-151033.jpg

Reply 1 of 4, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No clear chipset or model name on board or manual? That's PC Chips 😜

SiS chipset with AGP is also pretty rare (for good reasons, mainly not being stable at 100MHz bus speed). It's the SiS 5591 under that heatsink.

Given that there's no onboard 6326 VGA, this has to be the M570.

Here's info on the board plus links for jumpers etc https://www.elhvb.com/webhq/models/pcchips/m570.htm

Oh, and if you happen to get it working, ignore whatever is printed on the onboard sound chip. It is in fact a C-Media CMI-8330 ISA chip, which is a very nice SBPro2 *and* SB16 compatible beast, with bug-free MPU-401 MIDI as well.

Reply 4 of 4, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since that board can do both ATX and AT power, is there a jumper to select what kind of power supply you're using?
If not, I wonder what happens if you put a jumper over the power switch connector.