VOGONS

First post, by Tempest

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone know what the built-in graphics card in a Dell Optiplex GX260 is or what it's comparable with? The system didn't come with any cards and most of the cards I have are pretty old. I'm looking for a decent card for late 90's/early 2000 gaming that will fit in this machine. It doesn't have PCI-e, just PCI and AGP.

The best I think I have is some OEM Dell Nvidia card (CN-01E200-44571). I also have an ATI Rage 128, ATI Rage XL, and an Asus 64MB card of some sort (5187-1531). It has s-video out of all things. I'm going to guess the 64MB Asus card (which may be an OEM Geforce2) is the best.

--- AtariProtos.com ---
For when excellence and burnished fineries need to gently visit the warmth of your tablery

Reply 1 of 1, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tempest wrote on 2020-08-05, 20:02:

Does anyone know what the built-in graphics card in a Dell Optiplex GX260 is or what it's comparable with? The system didn't come with any cards and most of the cards I have are pretty old. I'm looking for a decent card for late 90's/early 2000 gaming that will fit in this machine. It doesn't have PCI-e, just PCI and AGP.

The best I think I have is some OEM Dell Nvidia card (CN-01E200-44571). I also have an ATI Rage 128, ATI Rage XL, and an Asus 64MB card of some sort (5187-1531). It has s-video out of all things. I'm going to guess the 64MB Asus card (which may be an OEM Geforce2) is the best.

According to
https://www.dell.com/downloads/us/products/op … /gx260_spec.pdf

DVI add-in card (can only be used with integrated graphics); 32MB ATI® Radeon™ VE multi-monitor
(VGA or DVI); 32MB ATI® Radeon™ 7500