Identifying PCChips 386 era chipsets

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GigAHerZ wrote on 2020-08-16, 19:31:
Sorry, another update: I was flashing 64kB image onto a 32kB chip. So therefore it even wasn't supposed to boot... :P But i did […]
Show full quote
Deksor wrote on 2020-08-16, 11:19:
GigAHerZ wrote on 2020-08-13, 16:57:
I have spare eeproms and programmer ready to go! Ugh, it's hard to orient oneself in there... let's see... […]
Show full quote

I have spare eeproms and programmer ready to go!
Ugh, it's hard to orient oneself in there... let's see...

UPDATE: Based on one list, i tried files V020B32E, V020B32F, V020B32G, V020B32H, but none of them booted. Keyboard had all 3 lights lit constantly.

UPDATE 2: After some digging, from various places, it seems M321 and M320 should both share the same chipset. At the same time, i found this picture of M320 board, which this time doesn't have pc chips markings: https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/ … dc83b83ea21.jpg

Thank you very much for your help ! The search continues then ... Actually I'm not even sure if these bioses have been tested. I can provide you some other bios to try this if you want.

The image link is dead unfortunately 🙁

Sorry, another update: I was flashing 64kB image onto a 32kB chip. So therefore it even wasn't supposed to boot... 😜
But i did order some correct 64kB chips. Will try again, when i have them.

And of course, if you have some additional bios roms, sure, share them! 😀

The image is accessible for me. Uploaded to here.

I think we've done it!
Re: Chipset datasheet for M321 (PC Chips)

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 21 of 21, by JohnBourno

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Deksor wrote on 2020-08-10, 18:38:

As a final confirmation, can anyone test the MR BIOS made for the UMC UM82C491F on their PCChips M326 ?

I flashed the MR BIOS rom to a eeprom and swapped it for the Award bios that came with my M326 board. It boots and now I have access to a lot more bios settings!

My board is the same as the one here: http://www.amoretro.de/2012/06/pc-chips-m326- … otherboard.html