VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I've got a packard bell Packmate 3980CD Pentium 60 machine. I've tested two dlink cards and now an intel Pro 100/s, the dlinks where untested, but the intel is tested. When networking is turned on the computer crashes when it goes to intalize the cards, and I can't find a log. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. I need networking to work.

Spec's
Intel Pentium 60
430LX chipset
16mb from (8mb onboard and 2x4mb 72pin do sipps)
Azentech sound Galaxy Washington
Intel Pro 100/s
2.1gb Western digital
Panasonic 2x CD ROM

All in all I want it fixed because I think it will make a fine computer

Last edited by candle_86 on 2020-08-13, 17:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 7, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The fact it happens with 2 different brands which would be using different drivers (hopefully) would make me believe its the protocol or OS at fault more then the drivers. although could be resource conflict I guess?
does mtcp work? as that's independent of whichever OS you are running but knowing that would be very helpful

Reply 3 of 7, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Multiple is installs, I've tracked it down to the auto configure but since the Dallas chip is dead I can't fix the config error, went to mod my Dallas and broke the wrong pin, so now I'm ordering a new Dallas and will put it on an ice socket as right now it's directly soldered. I'll update when that's all fone

Reply 6 of 7, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2020-08-13, 17:19:

3c0m 3c509 etherlink 3 has good DOS packet driver support and has a diagnostic and setup program.

Which is also being ordered, but only so I can free up the PCI slot for a promise ata66 card, the board can't detect anything larger than 4gb and I can't find a bios for it and the bios chip is soldered anyway. I do want to put a 10-20gb drive in this.