VOGONS

First post, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I miss my old Commodore 1525 printer. It was 7 pin and had no descenders. Its font style looked unique and very vintage computer-y.
One problem... it's CBM serial only... and my C128D is in the closet (I really need to haul it out and check the caps one day).
So I finally broke down and got myself a Tandy DMP-100 printer... basically a 1525 with Tandy serial and centronics parallel ports.
(I have a 1000hx... I wonder if the serial connector will work with it, or if it's TRS-80 only?)

New problem; no ribbon. Ribbons for these things are impossible to find and terribly expensive when I do find ribbons that can be adapted to work.
I've even thought of buying a 1525 printer that shows it has the ribbon in it... but that would end up costing more than the original printer.

Somewhat frustrated, I put the printer away and decided to keep an eye on ebay in case a ribbon becomes available.

Would anyone know a current source for compatible ribbons?

To appease my frustration, I grabbed a Truetype font... PET... and modified it to not have descenders. I then did some print-outs that look pretty close to what I remember from my 1525...

PET1525.jpg
Filename
PET1525.jpg
File size
81.28 KiB
Views
File comment
Printout results after modifying print parameters
File license
Public domain