VOGONS

First post, by chublord

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Any experience with these adapters? Looks like they would be really convenient and also allow easy mass file transfer (since my primary machine is a laptop with a SD reader also). This seems like the only design on eBay for sale but I don't see an obvious way to set master/slave. My mechanical HDDs sometimes exhibit odd behavior and I'm a bit concerned about their reliability.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-SDHC-Memory-Card- … BIAAOSw1LdeioDG

s-l1600.jpg

IBM Valuepoint 486 DX4-100, Opti 802G, 50 MHz FSB, Voodoo1+S3 864, Quantum Fireball EX 4.0 GB, Seagate Medalist 1.6 GB, 128 MB FPM, 256k L2

Reply 1 of 2, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

no personal experience, but they seem to be working well... I just don't see the appeal compared to CF adapters which are a simple interface adapter, cheaper and industrial SLC CF cards are abundant and cheap too.

for large storage a SD adapter is probably better.

Reply 2 of 2, by kalohimal

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

These are Sintech ones, I have 2 and use them all the time. The chip in your photo is not Sintech though, most probably a clone. The rest of the board is exactly the same. Compatibility is quite good. It works with almost all my boards (I have close to 100) of various platforms (Intel & AMD from 8086 to Core ix) , except a few very old ones that do not like it. In those cases I use a CF + adapter.

Slow down your CPU with CPUSPD for DOS retro gaming.