VOGONS

First post, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it ok to give stuff away here with the understanding that the recipient pays only for actual cost of postage.? I have some motherboards and other parts that I would like to see put to use but really don't want to deal with Ebay and all that. Nothing real rare or special but someone might use them. allowed or not?

Reply 2 of 9, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2020-09-17, 01:39:

Thats acceptable. As long as it is legit just postage and not overpriced postage to try to profit through a loophole.

Thanks, no loopholes. and only cost of postage. trying to decide if it's worth the hassle of packing them up to ship or not. I'll post back if I decide to do it.
I live in East Tennessee near Gatlinburg and it would be great if I could just hand them to someone that wanted them.

Reply 3 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes that is OK if all you want is shipping covered. There is a Topic here you can post what you have for free, and if you will ship to certain countries BUT am having a search issue finding it right now (hope somebody else links it). Thanks for posting your countyr, It does help if you put your country or continent in your profile so those in far off places know... just a suggestion an will search again for that "for free" thread and post it here asap..

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 9, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, it's weird but just thinking about getting rid of any of my stuff gives me a mild anxiety attack. Even though i never use it any more and really want it gone.

Reply 5 of 9, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have had the same problem some time ago . I was in a hurry, so I donated everything in bulk to a local thrift store . I hope at least some of it found a home .

Conversely, a few years ago, there was a number of individually packaged ISA/PCI cards as well as some motherboards at another local thrift store . Got some AWE64 cards, a Rendition V2200, a Cyrix 1Giga Pro based board with an ISA slot and I forget what else . My guess is somebody had to give up part of his/her hoard or something even sadder .

Reply 6 of 9, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Horun wrote on 2020-09-17, 02:00:

Yes that is OK if all you want is shipping covered. There is a Topic here you can post what you have for free, and if you will ship to certain countries BUT am having a search issue finding it right now (hope somebody else links it). Thanks for posting your countyr, It does help if you put your country or continent in your profile so those in far off places know... just a suggestion an will search again for that "for free" thread and post it here asap..

I think this is the thread in question : Old hardware giveaway thread.

Reply 8 of 9, by ole smoky2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote on 2020-09-17, 02:13:

I have had the same problem some time ago . I was in a hurry, so I donated everything in bulk to a local thrift store . I hope at least some of it found a home .

Conversely, a few years ago, there was a number of individually packaged ISA/PCI cards as well as some motherboards at another local thrift store . Got some AWE64 cards, a Rendition V2200, a Cyrix 1Giga Pro based board with an ISA slot and I forget what else . My guess is somebody had to give up part of his/her hoard or something even sadder .

Well things have a way of working out in the end I guess I've struggled with this decision for a while. My wife says I will regret it. She's probably right.

Reply 9 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
darry wrote on 2020-09-17, 02:15:
Horun wrote on 2020-09-17, 02:00:

I think this is the thread in question : Old hardware giveaway thread.

Thank You ! that is the thread !

ole smoky2 wrote on 2020-09-17, 02:21:

Thanks--I have seen this thread before but did'nt want to crash in on liqmat's game

Yeah well if you never use it/or test it yearly, then it is a waste to save it. Have some older Apple stuff am going to give away because it has not been my focus for years and know some of it is of value to others and better to let someone who will use it get it....
Hahaa.. the old lady says get rid of it (she was reading over my shoulder, and corrected my wording) 😀

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun