VOGONS

First post, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey all,

Just bought this RapidCAD set. Hoping to be able to remove the "MVN"(?) stamps ..
What would you suggest I try using, that doesn't take the white print as well?
The laser engraving - is there some sort of ink in that, I need to be careful about too?
My guess is starting with IPA, hoping it'll do, but what would next step be?

The 486 is not in scope, it just likes having its photo shared 😉

Attachments

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

idk if IPA would even attack the original print but you can always just put a piece of tape over it to protect it, assuming it is stamp ink then IPA should remove it completely.
the lettering under the stamp should be etched, wouldn't worry about removing that :p

Reply 2 of 6, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I agree. IPA will remove stamper ink and not touch the original print. It should remove the adhesive as well

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 4 of 6, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haven't tried water. May give that a shot tomorrow before going to IPA. If the ink is water soluble, it would probably be less offensive to the factory print .. 😀

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 6 of 6, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Didn't have the patience to try water first, as we didn't have any in the laboratory 🤣
Started with IPA on the RapidCAD-2, as these seems not so rare add RapidCAD-1's.
Proved unproblematic, so here's the result 😀

Attachments

• 20200928_102122.jpg
    Filename
    20200928_102122.jpg
    File size
    196.55 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    RapidCAD set
    File license
    Public domain