VOGONS

First post, by abc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
Excuse me if those questions were present on the forum in the past.

1) Is this Hendrix motherboard on photo ?
2) I have upgraded video memory from 1 to 2MB by two NEC 512KB chips. Can I use 1MB chips to get 3MB total ?
3) I did a search for a manual but without success. Someone have and could link or upload ?
4) Dallas chip is refurbished but I have mixed with other chips and couldn't find original. Some booted with password, some hangs on booting to A: and others have problems hanging on when Speedsys is launched on Year 2000 bug test. Strange that not BIOS chip holds password but RTC chip. It is normal ? Can I clear it with jumpers on that mobo ? I could try it but without manual it is hard.

Attachments

• s4.JPG
    Filename
    s4.JPG
    File size
    1.87 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Visit ABC CPU - Virtual CPU Museum.

Reply 1 of 2, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
abc wrote on 2020-10-02, 16:23:

1) Is this Hendrix motherboard on photo ?

Yes

2) I have upgraded video memory from 1 to 2MB by two NEC 512KB chips. Can I use 1MB chips to get 3MB total ?

No

3) I did a search for a manual but without success. Someone have and could link or upload ?

https://arvutimuuseum.ee/th99/m/I-L/32246.htm

4) Dallas chip is refurbished but I have mixed with other chips and couldn't find original. Some booted with password, some hangs on booting to A: and others have problems hanging on when Speedsys is launched on Year 2000 bug test. Strange that not BIOS chip holds password but RTC chip. It is normal ? Can I clear it with jumpers on that mobo ? I could try it but without manual it is hard.

Use DS12887 module (or compatible). DALLAS is chip is not a BIOS chips (thats the one with sticker next to ISA slots). Dallas module combines CMOS storagage and RTC clock. That's normal.

The J5A1 jumper disables just the password. The J5A2 clears the complete CMOS (supposing DS12887 chip is installed).

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 2 of 2, by abc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for the answers. I have put in DS12887A and now all is OK. Speedsys doesn't hangs on 2000Year Bug test. I will try clear passwords on the rest and turn on Turbo mode with help from manual.

Visit ABC CPU - Virtual CPU Museum.