VOGONS

First post, by sidbarnhoorn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there,

I'm currently working on a 486 build and I'm going to have to reprogram the display LED but I have no idea how this works nor am I able to find a manual on how to operate it. It seems to be a "T-586".

I have attached a few pictures of it and maybe someone here knows how to program it. I would appreciate it!

LED01.JPG
Filename
LED01.JPG
File size
72.17 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
LED02.JPG
Filename
LED02.JPG
File size
98.65 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
LED03.JPG
Filename
LED03.JPG
File size
101.34 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
LED04.JPG
Filename
LED04.JPG
File size
109.18 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
LED05.JPG
Filename
LED05.JPG
File size
108.12 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sid

Reply 1 of 4, by Am386DX-40

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

See if you can find something here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10o3zS … a_86VDKRPZmkcSs

Even if you exact model is not there, you may get a grasp on how it works, or just power it up and change some jumpers to somehow learn how the combinations work. They are all very similar.

Reply 2 of 4, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Connect 5V and G (ground) for power. The LCH pins are for Low Common High pins for the turbo speed indication on the motherboard. It is currently jumpered to always show the high speed.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 4 of 4, by sidbarnhoorn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Success! I got it to work! 😀 Using TopBench I managed to figure out it went from 66Mhz to 20Mhz when using the turbo button. The only thing I still have to figure out is how to make the turbo LED turn on when I push the button and it goes to 20Mhz... now the LED is turned on at the start at 66Mhz and turns off when I push the button and it goes to 20Mhz.