VOGONS

First post, by moog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

I'm including a PDF with the motherboard manual for reference. Due to site limitations, it's split into 2 files. If you do `cat vp6.pdf.1.pdf vp6.pdf.2.pdf > vp6.pdf` on a system that supports cat and pipes, it'll produce the full PDF.

The gist of the question is does anyone know what the unidentified pins in set PN2 are for? The pins are left of the speaker pins and they are numbered 9-10 and 12-14. The manual does not document them in any way. If you download the manual, the sets PN1 and PN2 are documented on pages 17 and 18.

Attachments

• Filename
    vp6.pdf.2.pdf
    File size
    2.96 MiB
    Downloads
    35 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    vp6.pdf.1.pdf
    File size
    5 MiB
    Downloads
    38 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Audigy 2 ZS in FreeDOS
LinLin adapter documentation
+ various capacitor list threads

Reply 1 of 1, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
moog wrote on 2020-10-15, 13:50:

Hello everyone,

I'm including a PDF with the motherboard manual for reference. Due to site limitations, it's split into 2 files. If you do `cat vp6.pdf.1.pdf vp6.pdf.2.pdf > vp6.pdf` on a system that supports cat and pipes, it'll produce the full PDF.

The gist of the question is does anyone know what the unidentified pins in set PN2 are for? The pins are left of the speaker pins and they are numbered 9-10 and 12-14. The manual does not document them in any way. If you download the manual, the sets PN1 and PN2 are documented on pages 17 and 18.

The short answer is that probably they don't do anything so are simply classed as unused / reserved. I have a similar thing on my SA6R where the last 4 positions on PN2 (one space + 3 pins) are 'unidentified' - the only slight difference is that the SA6R manual doesn't even show any pins as being there (white dots) whereas the VP6 does (black dots). I'd guess that it's a common component thing with Abit to use 2 14-position pin strips for what was needed, with the rest being redundant.