VOGONS

First post, by implozja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there,
I have MItsubishi MP286 PC. DO any of you have any infos on that system? This is Mitsuibishi MP-2320-A045 unit. It has phoenix 80286/80386 rom bios plus ver. 3.10.08.
I do not find any information on that system, and in particular how to access bios on this system.
Presently, computer seeks for flexi floppy at start. If I insert system disc, it displays: non system disc error or sometimes floppy not ready. Any ideas?
Any manual would also be nice. Any help would appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• mitsu1.jpg
    Filename
    mitsu1.jpg
    File size
    82.41 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • mitsu2.jpg
    Filename
    mitsu2.jpg
    File size
    116.54 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • mitsu3.jpg
    Filename
    mitsu3.jpg
    File size
    72.75 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • mitsu4.jpg
    Filename
    mitsu4.jpg
    File size
    79.05 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1 of 2, by thecheese2022

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
implozja wrote on 2020-10-22, 09:49:
Hello there, I have MItsubishi MP286 PC. DO any of you have any infos on that system? This is Mitsuibishi MP-2320-A045 unit. It […]
Show full quote

Hello there,
I have MItsubishi MP286 PC. DO any of you have any infos on that system? This is Mitsuibishi MP-2320-A045 unit. It has phoenix 80286/80386 rom bios plus ver. 3.10.08.
I do not find any information on that system, and in particular how to access bios on this system.
Presently, computer seeks for flexi floppy at start. If I insert system disc, it displays: non system disc error or sometimes floppy not ready. Any ideas?
Any manual would also be nice. Any help would appreciated. Thank you.

Can you take a picture mainboard front and back and extract the bios dump if you have rom reader then upload?

Reply 2 of 2, by marcushg85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just found out that this computer might be the same 286 I have rebranded as Sperry 286, but mine comes with bios labeled MIT Bios ver 1.57 unfortunately I haven't found any other info about it... but on the front panel mine has that small plastic cover full of dip switches, so it might be that all bios configuration is done through those...