VOGONS

First post, by dulu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When you are a micro-atx fan, then you have reasons to be pissed off. Especially when you want to build retro rig. S.370 has casper and cheche. S.478 has tube audio. 462 has "creamy-orange" or pink motherboard, uv-pci slots and even something less strange, like msi k7n2 delta 2 with nice matt black pcb.

I`m looking for micro atx 462 board, that has little more interesting look than a7v400-mx. I don`t want boring green or blue pcb. Preferably black, brown or violet. But there is one strange requirement for my future rig. ATX connector cannot be on the left side, near the back panel. It has to be near ram slots.

Any ideas? A have many ideas for diy glass, water cooling etc. but I`m stuck and cannot decide in which way i need to go on without any good motherboard.

Reply 1 of 5, by Dmetsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

mATX wasn't marketed for enthusiasts and more towards OEM's in those days, so you might have some issues with that. MSI, PCChips, and Biostar were red. Shuttle, Pegatron, ASRock, Jetway were blue, while ECS was purple. You're looking for a unicorn, and I wish you the best of luck.

A7N8X-LA | 2800+ | GeForce2 MX400 | Audigy 2 ZS
BE6-II 1.0 | PIII-933 | Viper 770 TNT2 | Live 5.1 Value
MS-5169 | K6-2 450 | Voodoo3 3000 AGP | AWE64 Value
P5A-B | P200-S | 64MB | MGA Millennium | Yamaha 719
LS-486E | Am5x86-P75

Reply 2 of 5, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think there are any, especially with the power plug location. Closest I could find ( not blue or green) was a red Biostar M7NCG.

There might be a tan colored one but I wasn't looking at that color.

Tan:
Asus:
A7N266-VM
A7V8X-LX

Gigabyte:
GA-7VKMP

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 5, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You'll definitely struggle with the ATX power placement, but there are a couple I've used in the past which might be closer on the 'looker' stakes -

- the AOpen MK79G-N / MK79G-1394

mk79g-n.jpg
Filename
mk79g-n.jpg
File size
278.85 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

ftp://ftp.aopen.com/pub/manual/mb/mk79g1394/m … 9g1394-ol-e.pdf

-the Chaintech 7NIF2

Chaintech 7NIF2.jpg
Filename
Chaintech 7NIF2.jpg
File size
127.18 KiB
Views
File license

https://web.archive.org/web/20050205154754/ht … V.4_-latest.pdf

Reply 4 of 5, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

MSI made mATX Socket 462 boards with red PCB and the power connector next to the RAM slots.
Soyo had some mATX Socket 462 boards with purple PCI and RAM slots but the power connector is near the I/O.
The FIC K7MNF-64 has a green PCB, green RAM slots, purple AGP and blue PCI. 20pin is left of the RAM slots but 4pin is near the CPU socket.
Don't know wether any of that qualifies as cool enough for you though.

Reply 5 of 5, by dulu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There is must be something. Currently i have an option to purchase chaintech 7nif2 for +-15$, but connector placement is wrong. Anyway, look for this frankenstein . Won`t buy it, but color is great imo.

Attachments

• iiii.jpg
    Filename
    iiii.jpg
    File size
    103.28 KiB
    Views
    File license