VOGONS

First post, by ali90taz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DESCRIPTION

Hey guys,
in this topic I am going to offer you a copy of my floppy image with all the real mode drivers for the fujitsu lifebook 770tx notebook.
It is complete, I was able to get the USB port, pcmcia sockets, sound card, mouse, extended memory and support for fat 32 partitions.
Unfortunately, I couldn't put the drivers for the integrated CD-ROM because my notebook didn't come with a CD-ROM, just a battery and a floppy drive.
In my case this was not a problem as I am using an iomega usb cd-rom drive, which was normally supported and I was even able to obtain audio cd sound.
As for the pcmcia socket, I use a compact flash adapter for pcmcia, put a 256MB card and use it to add new things to drive c.
In the usb port I could get operation for cd-rom drives, pendrives formatted in fat and fat32, input devices were not supported.
This is my first topic here, I hope I'm not violating any of the site's rules, before posting I looked for similar topics to make sure I didn't do it.

TECH INFO

CRC32: BAEED787
MS-DOS Version: 7.0 (Windows 98 SE)
Intended for: Fujitsu Lifebook 770tx (Any other model needs modification)

Files for audio:

ESSCFG.EXE ➜ Driver for ES1879S
ESSVOL.EXE ➜ Volume setup

File(s) for PS2 Mouse :

FMOUSE.COM ➜ OEM fujitsu Driver for 770tx PS2 integrated mouse and PS2 port

Files for USB:

USBASPI.SYS ➜ USB Services
DI1000DD.SYS ➜ USB drives initializer
USBCD.SYS ➜ USB CD-ROM initializer

Files for PCMCIA:

PCM.INI ➜ Store configuration for all pcmcia services
CNFIGNAM.EXE ➜ Load .ini file and check integrity
PCMSS.EXE ➜ Start socket services
PCMCS.EXE ➜ Start card services
PCMRMAN.SYS ➜ Alloc memory resources for services ?
PCMSCD.EXE ➜ Card manager
PCMATA.SYS ➜ Start SRAM cards
PCMRMAN.EXE ➜ Tool for edit manually system resources, very low-level
PCMFDISK.EXE ➜ Tool for create and edit partitions in sram, ata and cf cards
PCM.EXE ➜ Tool for add new pcmcia card in card services

DOS Files:

DEBUG.EXE ➜ Debug for MS-DOS
DELTREE.EXE ➜ Erase folder with contents
DOSKEY.EXE ➜ Save last commands used
EDIT.COM ➜ Microsoft edit
EDIT.HLP ➜ Edit help
EMM386.EXE ➜ DOS Extender for access EMS memory
FDISK.EXE ➜ Microsoft fdisk for create and edit drive c partitions, fat32 supported
FORMAT.COM ➜ Format any disk, fat32 supported
HIMEM.SYS ➜ DOS Extender for access HMA memory
LABEL.EXE ➜ Modify disks name
MEM.EXE ➜ Useful for show memory status and usage
MSCDEX.EXE ➜ Assign CD-ROM drive to letter and show in DOS
SETVER.EXE ➜ Sets DOS to another version

USAGE INFORMATION
  • Attached file is .img, use Use RawWrite for create disk.
  • I configured the pcmcia services so that slot 0 is standard for compact flash cards, that is, in slot 1 the cards will not be mounted. If you wanted to go deeper, search for PhoenixCard Manager on google.
  • Maybe before to use a compact flash it's necessary to use the PCMFDISK.EXE tool to create a correct partition, then just format using FORMAT.EXE (All data is lost!).
  • Other things like DOS commands, changing drive letter and managing memory I won't mention here because they are goodies that every DOS user should know 😀
  • In case I improve this in the future through batch scripts, I update this topic.

Attachments