VOGONS

First post, by dangerdolan54

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a dual Pentium III 866mhz, 768mb of RDRAM Dell Precision and I'm wondering what would be a recommended video card for it. It has an AGP Pro slot and lots of PCI slots so I have lots of options. I was thinking about a 6600gt AGP because of its power draw is on the lower side, but would that be too much for 2x Pentium III?

Also, here are the power supply specifications: (330W max) (+5v 35amp) (+12v 14A) (+5VFP 1.2A) (+3.3V 18A)

I'm not super interested in anything period correct, just looking for something that would be a good match with the Pentiums and power supply to play some games.

One more question: the machine supports up to 1gb ram, should I replace the 128mb RIMMS that are in it with 256, or would there not be much of a difference?

Reply 1 of 2, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Updating the ram as much as you can is good. Get MS VirtualPC and run your very old games in Dos under that.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 2 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dangerdolan54 wrote on 2020-11-13, 19:27:

just looking for something that would be a good match with the Pentiums and power supply to play some games.

Decide on what games you want to play and purchase your video card accordingly. If you only want to play games that will require a better video card that is incompatible with this machine, then play your games elsewhere. If you can't decide, then choose from among whatever is most readily available.