VOGONS

First post, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys,
I have a Soyo-4SAW5 motherboard. So far I am happy with the board. The only thing that I want to do now is to update the bios. However it seems to be a non flashable bios chip.
Can anyone tell me what kind of chip I need to buy that I can program and use with the baord? Any specific models and how much space to these chips need to have?

Thx!

Reply 1 of 2, by Riikcakirds

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
skel2raw wrote on 2020-11-17, 08:50:
Hi guys, I have a Soyo-4SAW5 motherboard. So far I am happy with the board. The only thing that I want to do now is to update th […]
Show full quote

Hi guys,
I have a Soyo-4SAW5 motherboard. So far I am happy with the board. The only thing that I want to do now is to update the bios. However it seems to be a non flashable bios chip.
Can anyone tell me what kind of chip I need to buy that I can program and use with the baord? Any specific models and how much space to these chips need to have?

Thx!

I think most EEPROM's with 29EE010, 29EE011, or 29C010 will work, 1Mbit size. Given the revision of your board, I suspect it probably contains a UV EPROM which can't be updated. You will want to replace that with a flasheable EEPROM.