Motherboard issue.

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 26, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-11-29, 05:07:

Have you replaced the battery some boards won't post or act up if the battery is dead or removed

No, but I checked the battery with a multimeter and the voltage was good.

Reply 22 of 26, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baoran wrote on 2020-11-28, 12:52:

Anyone has any idea what I could try or should I just take it back to be recycled?

Since the beeps seem to indicate a video initialization error, I would try various video cards (AGP/PCI/ISA) to see if it POSTs.

But if everthing proves unsuccessful and you deem the board to be recycle-worthy, I would love to tinker with it.

Reply 23 of 26, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the "cannot initialize video" error on a socket 939 board.
Still working on it.

Are voltages output correct? +5/+3.3

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 24 of 26, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nexxen wrote on 2020-11-29, 15:05:

I have the "cannot initialize video" error on a socket 939 board.
Still working on it.

Are voltages output correct? +5/+3.3

If you mean the voltages I get from the psu, I have not measured them exactly, but I have just recently tested other motherboards with the same psu. I was just testing GA-6BXD motherboard day before with same psu and same geforce 2 MX video card and it worked fine and also voltages shown in GA-6BXD bios screen were correct (except that the psu does not have -5V and it showed as -0.80V in bios there).

Reply 25 of 26, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If I can't get it to work, I would not mind giving it away, but main problem in my country is the shipping cost when sending something to other countries. That is why you don't see people from my country selling stuff on ebay and it would probably be even more of a problem when sending something that does not work.

Reply 26 of 26, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baoran wrote on 2020-11-30, 05:58:

If I can't get it to work, I would not mind giving it away, but main problem in my country is the shipping cost when sending something to other countries. That is why you don't see people from my country selling stuff on ebay and it would probably be even more of a problem when sending something that does not work.

Ok, but don't throw away stuff 😉
And go to this recycling centre more often, nice stuff like this isn't an everyday find. 😀

There are many things to check, I've started learning things and it's not easy without the proper tools.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K