VOGONS

First post, by scarecrow182000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My work was clearing out some old hardware earlier this year and I snagged an i5-3570k with a DZ77BH-55k motherboard. It's got the original BIOS still on it and won't work some of the new-ish hardware I have, specifically GPU.

I saw a couple threads of guys trying to pull down as much Intel files before they got purged and I was hoping someone might have a later BIOS for this board. I already looked in the driver archives here and the big pull from IA's 2014 pull . Would appreciate any help to find this.

Reply 1 of 6, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Z77 chipset is 8 lanes of PCIe 2.0 and used for minor slots. The first slot x16 slot next to CPU is PCIe 3.0 supplied by Ivy Bridge CPUs. Sandy bridge CPUs are PCIe 2.0 only.

What is video card you are trying to use?

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 2 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
scarecrow182000 wrote on 2020-12-06, 00:36:

My work was clearing out some old hardware earlier this year and I snagged an i5-3570k with a DZ77BH-55k motherboard. It's got the original BIOS still on it and won't work some of the new-ish hardware I have, specifically GPU.

I saw a couple threads of guys trying to pull down as much Intel files before they got purged and I was hoping someone might have a later BIOS for this board. I already looked in the driver archives here and the big pull from IA's 2014 pull . Would appreciate any help to find this.

You can get the latest BIOS (BHZ7710H.86A.0100.2013.0517.0942) and release notes / revision history here

ftp://ftp.micro-square.nl/Drivers/Mainboard/= … 055K/BIOS/0100/

As this will involve you trying to move from the original release BIOS to the latest one, I'd suggest you read this as well before attempting the update

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Desktop- … 55K/td-p/700767

Reply 3 of 6, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is the Intel BIOS Update and Iflash pdf's and the original 0100 text (before Intel removed them) attached.
Read these and then if you want to try the Windows flash I can attach it (still have the complete archive on my other drive) or you can get it here:
https://rebyte.me/en/intel/27345/
NOTE: The *.BIO file is about 10MB so will not fit on a floppy disk....

Attachments

• Filename
    DZ77BH-55K_BH_0100.txt
    File size
    4.14 KiB
    Downloads
    175 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    iflash_bios_update.pdf
    File size
    254.1 KiB
    Downloads
    151 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    BIOS Update Readme.pdf
    File size
    122.07 KiB
    Downloads
    153 downloads
    File license

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 6, by scarecrow182000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm going through the steps to format a USB drive per the suggestions at Intel Community post and will be flashing the board later today. I'll update later today if it worked.

Thank you guys for the quick responses on this. Awesome community here.

Reply 5 of 6, by scarecrow182000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got it done! Bios flashed on without a hitch.
I had to reinstall Windows, but its working with the GPU.
Thought there was another problem when I restarted and the post code stopped at 92 - No keyboard attached. Turned out I didn't move the HDMI cable from the motherboard to the Graphics card.

They just don't make motherboards like this anymore.