VOGONS

First post, by huguia27

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks
Been planning a new Tualatin 1.4 GHz build and I'm doing motherboard research.
Currently I have doubts regarding two Gigabyte boards GA-6OXET and GA-6OXT.
Do any of you have a positive feedback on them? Also, apart from integrated audio in GA-6OXET, what seems to be the difference?
Regarding the GA-6OXET, here in Vogons I've found info saying it is Tualatin 1.4GHz compatible, however, in Gigabyte website the 1.4 GHz Tualatin is not shown in compatible processors, only other Tualatin processors. Do you have any feedback on running that processor with this board?
Cheers

Reply 1 of 4, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Celeron 1.4 Tualatin works in the board, so it should be safe to assume the P3 1.4 works as well, as the only difference is the amount of cache.

https://hwbot.org/submission/2309229_iv ... 991.36_mhz

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 2 of 4, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
debs3759 wrote on 2020-12-07, 17:00:

Celeron 1.4 Tualatin works in the board, so it should be safe to assume the P3 1.4 works as well, as the only difference is the amount of cache.

https://hwbot.org/submission/2309229_iv ... 991.36_mhz

Edit: Found evidence of P3-S 1.4 working

https://hwbot.org/submission/730687_pcgh_cars … 0mhz_1836.1_mhz

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 4 of 4, by Stedman5040

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this board and it overclocks really well with a celeron 1300 or a 1200 that I have. The OXET board has pll settings in bios to adjust the fsb whilst keeping the pci bus fixed at 33. The celeron 1300 runs at 1733Mhz with 133fsb on air with the pci bus at 33 using the correct pll setting. Likewise the 1200 celeron runs at 1600Mhz using the same pll setting. I have a tualatin celeron 1000 but I have not been able to get it to 1666Mhz using the pll setting that keeps the fsb at 33. Unfortunately the tualatin pIII-s using the same pll setting for the celeron at 133fsb has to run with a fsb of about 177Mhz to have the pci bus at 33. I have some pc133 apacer memory that can that run at 177fsb, but at cl3. The pIII-s 1.13Mhz I have runs at just over 1500Mhz at this fsb. The real downside is the maximum ram limit of 512. The Tualatin PIII-s 1400 I have works no problem in the OXET board. I am not sure that the OXT board has the same pll bios settings as the OXET board. Good luck in finding one they are fairly rare beasts.
PS one other downside to the board is that when it is overclocked it can sometimes be tricky to do a hard reset.
Stedman

K6 III+ 500
Epox MVPG2
512Mb Hynix CL2 SDRAM
40MB WD HDD
Creative GeForce2 Ti
CMI8738 Sound card