VOGONS

First post, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just received a bunch of l2 cache (IS61C1024-10N), as always some of them aren't working, I remember that the TL866 allows to try the sram chips but I can't find the right options, apparently the max supported is 512?
There are several brands and a Standard SRAM list, but it lacks the Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc.
I also tried some etrontech chips and fujitsu both 256k, but when I try to test them on the TL866 they do not get detected, while working fine on the motherboards.

Edit:
I was able to test the IS61C1024-10N selecting standard sram 61512.
But i'm not sure it is right

Attachments

• sram.png
    Filename
    sram.png
    File size
    16.63 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    sram selection
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 7, by detalite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

IS61C512 is pin compatibile with IS61C1024. Looks like that you tested lower half of the 128kB chip. It means it's probably good in 90%. With simple adapter it should be posible to test both part of the SRAM.

Reply 2 of 7, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for the tip.
I noticed that even if they complete the test successfully, but when put on the mb the cache chip isn't detected (when a faulty chip is on it says no cache, while with a working chip it gets detected fine).
Can you please elaborate the adapter part? How should it be done?

Reply 3 of 7, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You might try testing it as a ST M48T128V which is another DIP32 128kx8 cmos SRAM with nearly identical pinout (except missing the second CE, has that pin listed as NC), the software may not like that choice but it would be worth a try.
A few of my oddball cache chips I used a specific other choice and it tested them fully after comparing specs/pinout in datasheets. just a thought.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 7, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote on 2020-12-16, 00:01:

You might try testing it as a ST M48T128V which is another DIP32 128kx8 cmos SRAM with nearly identical pinout (except missing the second CE, has that pin listed as NC), the software may not like that choice but it would be worth a try.
A few of my oddball cache chips I used a specific other choice and it tested them fully after comparing specs/pinout in datasheets. just a thought.

That's a good catch. Unlucky the test is different, it let me do the burning and cancelling tests not the test for the sram :\

Reply 6 of 7, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
0xCats wrote on 2021-08-27, 07:01:
I know this is an old thread but for those asking the same question. Don't use the ST M48T128V ID it will not test correctly. Wh […]
Show full quote

I know this is an old thread but for those asking the same question.
Don't use the ST M48T128V ID it will not test correctly.
What you should instead use is the 628128 standard SRAM.
It is an 8bitx 128k CMOS SRAM compatible with the 61C1024.

Tested mine, worked great. (although I did get 8 bad ones out of 30 ordered)

Is there a way to check the actual speed rating?

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog