VOGONS

First post, by Kaisersoze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,
as written in the title, i would know if is it possible to modify ( lower, to be more precise ) the multiplier on this mobo. And, if not, what could i do.

Thanks in advance

Reply 3 of 11, by Kaisersoze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, but i'd like more exhaustive tips beyond a simple user manual that i have read YET.

I just know that i can't modify the multiplier simply through bios setup, but i should do it by jumpers way ( and i won't open my case every time i need to mod it ). So, according to my version of mobo, i would acknowledge if it could depend on a limitation from my mobo/CPU, or on the bios version ( need upgrade? ).
Following these aspects, is it possible to lower it via software ( f.e. CPUID )? All this stuff 'cause i would use my new old machine also for msdos gaming purposes.

Now, i hope to be more accurate about my help requests.
Thanks in advance.

Reply 5 of 11, by Kaisersoze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
quicknick wrote on 2020-12-27, 13:37:

Mmm...already thought about that, but i don't think that setmul would be able to do something to amd desktop cpus like mine, much less i won't adopt real-time solution that could make my rig unstable, or at least i'd consider these methods as a last try of sort.

Honestly i was hoping that someone among you would have familiarity and experience with that type of mobo.

Reply 7 of 11, by Kaisersoze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, got some good infos about my mobo and how i can work on it.
Just another question: could you suggest me where can i find the last bios rel for my motherboard?
It seems that Acorp is dead at all and from google i had bad luck...

Here is what i've found till now ( December 23, 2002 ver 1.1 - file name 7kta3v11.zip )

Reply 8 of 11, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's a more recent BIOS on wimsbios, but it doesn't say what version it it. https://www.wimsbios.com/biosupdates/acorp/6A6LMX34

BIOS Release date: 2004-09-29

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 9 of 11, by Kaisersoze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2021-01-03, 21:35:

There's a more recent BIOS on wimsbios, but it doesn't say what version it it. https://www.wimsbios.com/biosupdates/acorp/6A6LMX34

BIOS Release date: 2004-09-29

Sorry but the link you posted readdresses me to biosagentplus.com which wants me to register ( and PAY )

Reply 10 of 11, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, didn't realise wimsbios were another phishing site.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 11 of 11, by Kaisersoze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2021-01-03, 23:23:

Sorry, didn't realise wimsbios were another phishing site.

Never mind. I think i'll give a try on what i've on my hands ( 1.1 ver ). Then, i'll try to apply a xp-mobile cpu in order to verify if setmul can help me.
GPU: i would mount a gef ti 4600 as primary card ( Win98 env ) through AGP, a V2 SLI for 3DFX games, and a s3 virge as second GPU via PCI in MSDOS switching between AGP/PCI through bios in case i want to start on Win or DOS, ( i'm gonna mount a second hdd apart that i should use only for MSDOS purposes, as in bios i could alternate hdds detection ).
For what concerns the audio management, i would take advantage of the AC97 onboard since i noticed on this forum that it should be fine even with soundblaster emu ( even if i've already bought a ct2800 vibra16 with opl3 yamaha genuine chip in case of troubles since the mobo has an ISA slot which i could use )

Basically i would realize an allround machine capable of running games from early 90s ( setmul help me plz ) to early 2000s.