VOGONS

First post, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Okay, so I’m gonna have an interesting setup on my new build.

Many of you are already familiar with the specs I’m building but here are relivant details for this question.

1999 bios on a 430tx chipset.
My boot drive will be either a compact flash on the mainboard ide or on a add in ide card (that has boot bios)
Page file and swapspace on a gigabyte i-ram drive

I want the bootloader on the compact flash. Anyone have much experience with clover bootloader? Will it work?

From there I want to be able to boot to a number of partitions on a m.2 nvme on a series of adapters plugged into a pci slot. I’m told that clover can boot to m.2 on unsupported motherboards? Among the operating systems to be loaded are:
ubuntu,
windows 98se or ME,
windows 7 starter.

It’s been over a decade since I tried to dual boot windows I want to set it up in a way that basically the boot loader is doing all the work and each operating system doesn’t try to give me the option of booting to others and deleting one won’t affect the others. So no shared boot files except clover basically handing over to the partition. If that makes sense.

I was thinking I could copy the files for setup over to their respective partitions on another computer then move the drive to the destination computer? Linux and windows 7 may be able to do a usb install from clover and that may not be needed though? But windows 98 is going to probably need the files copied over manually right? Then exicute via dos?

I’m kind of rusty at this. Lol

How would you do it? What partitions should I have? Should I set them up on seperate drives all alone then copy all three to the same drive?

Would that work with only one active partition? Or will none of them be active and it won’t matter cause clover will just hand it over?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)