VOGONS

First post, by Brendan McCoy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm pulling my hair out over here. I have a TUSL2-M and a TUSL2-C. I have tried with 3 different early 2000s IDE drives. Each shows up fine under bios and I set them as the only boot device. I've tried multiple IDE cables, as well.

I've validated my CD as bootable on another PC. I get the classic "disk boot error. Insert system disk" when trying with a TUSL2 board, the CD doesn't seem to begin spinning.

When using a Win98SE boot floppy, starting with CD support, each drive I try is identified and mounted, but when I try to access them I get "CDR101: Not Ready Reading Drive D"

I have tried each IDE connector on each motherboard, as well. I'm at my wits end, either I have a lot of bad hardware or I'm just not understanding something.

Any suggestions? I feel like maybe it's some weird behavior on the TUSL2 boards, maybe some weird BIOS setting I'm not aware of (been using system deaults other than only setting the CD drive as bootable), I don't have any other IDE boards handy to test to validate my non-MB hardware, though I can borrow some from some friends.