VOGONS

First post, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You guys did such a great job finding that dragonfly super socket 7 motherboard that I’m wondering if you guys can help me find my first custom computer case

Here is what I remember
Mid tower case ATX standard layout
Bought from either frys electronics or newegg
Had an option for side panel window which I bought so I’m thinking newegg
The window was clear or light blue
The case was powder black and the panel was thin gauge steel I recall it feeling flimsy
The front consisted of a plastic trim that was chrome plated with the front panel ahead of it being I believe green acrylic held on with round aluminum buttons

I think it had 3 x 5 1/4 and two 3 1/4 bays

The rest of it was pretty standard I think there was usb and sound in the front bottom

Sound familiar to anyone?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 2 of 8, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
foil_fresh wrote on 2021-01-18, 04:45:

Sketch it tbh

The bays and button fasteners on the bays I think were similar to this but green acrylic and instead of those pillars it had a squared off chrome trim. Rest of the case was powder coat black. With a optional side window

Sketch isn’t gonna help 🤣 I’m terrible at that. It’s not all that important. Figured it might be kinda fun to see if we could figure it out. Would be nice to see it again.

Attachments

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 5 of 8, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Or maybe an Enermax similar to this one? I have one like this but without the temp display. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811124071

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 6 of 8, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Repo Man11 wrote on 2021-01-19, 00:09:

Not the one. But the front panel is similar, the edges were more square and less rounded. Also styling looks too new and flashy.

The side window was plain square

The second one is closer but still not it.

I think I remember the 3-1/4 hard drive bays inside went all the way to the floor is another detail.

I’m searching also. Can’t find anything. I’m wondering if it was a limited run.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-

Reply 8 of 8, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I still haven’t found that case. Oh well, no matter but I got another for ya!

This is a pic I found (see pic of installed heatsink) of the same heat sink I used to run on my k6 I was hoping to find two of them for my dual socket 7 build.

Closest I can find is this shorter one with more fins. It’s very similar but not it. (See other pics)

I found this catalog http://www.wakefield-vette.com/resource-cente … k-wakefield.pdf

And have reached out to them but haven’t heard back yet.

So this may be a quest made and solved in a single post but I haven’t technically found it yet, and I’m not sure the ones listed in the catalog are the one I used to have but they are close, i wish there were pics of all the models. Google image search turned up nothing.

Attachments

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-