VOGONS

First post, by BobyTheDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well Uncle Google isint being helpful, So I thought it would be worth a try dropping a post here.

I have managed to get my hands on a snazzy looking Qtronix Lynx 96 Serial Mouse. It looks out of place for a beige and white system but its the only serial mouse I have around. The mouse is connected to COM3 (IRQ 4, Port 03E8).
If your wondering why its not in COM2 or COM1 is because I simply don't have at all any breakout cables from the headers to serial cables. Im waiting for one to be shipped to me.

My issue is that for some reason Windows for Workgroups 3.11 seems to not see the serial mouse at all. Ive jumped through all the included drivers for Windows 3.11 (As well as switched the switch on the bottom which has MS - 2 3 - PC) and I get no response from Windows 3.11 moving the mouse.

CTMouse v2.1 BETA 4 happily sees the mouse as a Microsoft Mouse. EDIT shows the mouse moving and it works fully.
MOUSE 7.1 happily sees the mouse, Also works in EDIT.

Ive also installed it onto a Windows 98SE machine and Windows XP machine, Both simply saw it as a basic microsoft serial mouse and they both happily worked fine with it. But WFW does not seem to see the mouse at all, The drivers for it (Which came with the mouse on a floppy disk) had MOUSE 7.1 which I installed. A windows installer came with it as well. But the Windows installer just adds a menu to change what the cursor looks like but no drivers at all.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? Could it just be the simple fact im using the mouse on COM3 instead of 1 or 2?