VOGONS

First post, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bought a ps/2 pigtail for my motherboard but it doesn’t work. Not on ps/2 mouses or on usb mice on a adapter

So the grainy images are from images where people were selling my same motherboard with ps/2 pigtails included which presumably worked with the motherboards🤷‍♂️

So which wiring is correct? There appears to be three different color combinations😂

Attachments

Last edited by Sphere478 on 2021-01-25, 10:21. Edited 2 times in total.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 1 of 6, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you enabled it in the bios?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 2 of 6, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There were many standards and half standards, better to locate ground and +5 first from motherboard and check that first, because wrong placement of +5 or wrong polarity may fry your mouse, or motherboard.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 3 of 6, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-25, 10:17:

Have you enabled it in the bios?

Yes.

Well, I did. Now I’m dealing with a bad bios flash. But once I get that fixed again, yes I have tried enabling in bios.

I think It’s wired wrong.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 4 of 6, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cyberdyne wrote on 2021-01-25, 11:15:

There were many standards and half standards, better to locate ground and +5 first from motherboard and check that first, because wrong placement of +5 or wrong polarity may fry your mouse, or motherboard.

So I’m just going to have to map the board and the pigtail against the ps/2 standard mini din pin out to make the pins go where they need cause colors can’t be trusted in this case? Or can I trust the colors, just not the pinout of the motherboard?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-

Reply 5 of 6, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Usually yes, red is always +5 and blue/black are gnd. And if you have green and yellow, those are clock and data. But some "made in china" power cables have even Ground Neutral and Line power colors messed up, so I do not trust nothing.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 6 of 6, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i'll do some probing on the motherboard and make sure gnd and vcc make it to correct pins any tips on getting the data pins to where they need to be?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    Filename
    images.jpg
    File size
    7.96 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-