VOGONS

First post, by lilkuz2005

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all, i have an old compaq presario 1600s laptop that I'm trying to find the best driver for the video card that supports better performance in d3d and maybe some opengl. The laptops specs are: Ali chipset motherboard, amd k6-2/400mhz, 512mb sdram, 40gb hdd, ati rage lt pro 8mb agp 2x, ess solo-1 pci sound" from what i can tell its the first video card to support agp in a mobile configuration". I'm currently using driver version J5.30.1-B02, and the performance in games like need for speed 3 is pretty bad, using the lowest settings the game still runs really choppy, from what i have read this card should perform okay with games like Unreal and Draken, im going to be installing those games tonight to test. Can anyone tell me what the best driver for the rage lt pro was? this laptop performs pretty well in late era ms_dos games, but anything 3d runs like crap, and i still need to test if opengl is working at all with this card, thanks in advance guys

asus p3b-f, intel pIII 1000/133/256 thermaltake golden orb, 2x crucial 256mb pc133, nvidia geforce 3, aureal vortex 2, IDE to SD adapter samsung 128gb evo
asus p3v4x, intel pIII 650/100/256, 256mb pc133, 3dfx voodoo 3 3ooo, awe64 value!, 80gb hdd