VOGONS

First post, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone else have this issue? If I’m moving a mouse, connected to the onboard ps/2 port, while simultaneously typing, I lose all input control. The most common scenario being gaming. A reboot is required to resolve.

I’ve got the V2 board if it makes a difference.

Thankfully I have a PS/2 ISA adapter board as a work around.

Reply 1 of 1, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Vogons member Feipoa has vast experience with this board and created an updated manual for it.
You can download it here:
http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=9 … &menustate=28,0

On page 13 it reads:
ooooooooooooooo
Under Windows 95, the keyboard and PS/2 mouse may conflict causing a complete loss of control. If you press a key, a mouse button, and move the mouse at the same time, both the keyboard and mouse become unusable. If you then warm-boot the machine, it will "update ESCD" and remove PS/2 mouse support! You will need to cold-boot to get the mouse back. Without mouse or keyboard, you can't shut down Windows properly. The problem was repeatable in Windows 95's real mode (DOS prompt), under DOS 6.22, and in Linux under XFree86, so it's not just a Windows 95 driver issue. Quantex reports this problem as unresolved on their page of support info. They say it's a bug in the UMC I/O controllers, and I believe it. This problem can be worked around by simply using a serial mouse instead of a PS/2 mouse. I'm running fine with an old Logitech mouse on COM2 right now.
ooooooooooooooo