VOGONS

First post, by squelch41

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I'm using a panasonic kxp3626 dot matrix printer.
Connected through a USB to parallel adapter on windows 10 using the panasonic recommended epson LQ series (136) driver it works fine.

However, I really want to have it connected to my raspberry pi so it is accessible on my network (my pi is a file server, webone server,pi hole DNS etc so it's always on)
I am using CUPS on raspian and have tried both setting it as an epson 24 pin and epson 9 pin printer.
I use the same windows driver as I use with direct connection.
It works but the last ~10 lines of the print always get over spaced - see attached image (ignore the paint added! was printing colouring sheets for my son!)
This image was printed at 90 degrees so those banded lines are at the end of the print - they came out of the printer last.
It is always the end of the page and happens with A3 and A4. Happens whichever quality setting I use (180x180, 360x180 dpi , LQ or draft) etc

Can anyone guide me as to why this is happening and how to fix?

Thanks!

Attachments

• printprob.jpg
    Filename
    printprob.jpg
    File size
    281.98 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

V4P895P3 VLB Motherboard AMD 486 133MHz
64mb RAM, CF 4Gb HDD,
Realtek 8019 ethernet + XT-IDE bios ROM, ES1869 soundcard, VLB Cirrus Logic GD5428 1mb VGA

440bx MSI 6119, modified slocket , Tualitin Celeron 1.2Ghz 256mb SD-RAM, CF 4GB HDD, FX5200 gfx