VOGONS

Reply 20 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi !
After 2 years of trying, I finally managed to upload my entire archive of Acer's European FTP to archive.org !! It took 4 entire days
https://archive.org/details/acer-euro-ftp-backup

Feel free to download 😁

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 21 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been told that a zip archive would have been better as you can browse the files individually and ... I have to agree, so I did it again and uploaded it as a zip instead of tar 😀
Here's the new link ! 😀
https://archive.org/details/acer-euro-ftp-backup-zip

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 23 of 27, by CobsServerCloset

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Deksor,

Just want to thank you for the upload. Very annoying that Acer have since taken down the FTP site along with drivers for lots of older laptops. I have a few Core2Duo era laptops that use MXM slots and was after drivers which surprise surprise have vanished from the site. Seems they don't want us gaming on older laptops or saving them from landfill.

Downloading the 400GB tar now. Fingers crossed they'll be in there. The two I'm currently working on are the Aspire 5935G and 5739G, both missing various drivers.

Thanks

Reply 24 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You're welcome !
However you may want to look into the .zip version, you can browse it directly via ia's web interface 😀

Reply 25 of 27, by Glitch58

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, can I ask for drivers for my AcerNote Light 370PC? I ordered that laptop from my one of my local e-commerce platform's seller and I need drivers for Windows 95 for it.

Thank you 😀