Rank

looking for a kvm switch that supports ps2 vga serial and audio
i have a 386/p1/p3

Reply 1 of 8, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't see any with audio, but I see quite a few around the $30 mark on Ebay with PS2/VGA/Serial. For audio, you could use a receiver switcher with labeled inputs right above it.

Edit: It looks like some of the Avocent AMX line of products support PS2/VGA/Serial/Audio. You may want to look at those. Example: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/212789/Avoc … nt-Amx5130.html

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 2 of 8, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Belkin have VGA/PS2/Audio but no serial.
Serial and Audio are pretty rare on KVM's as it is let alone both. I'm surprised even one exists!
I'm assuming its only the 386 that needs serial and the other 2 have PS2 mouse support?
Most of us just have a serial mouse for that one machine and use a PS2 mouse hooked up to the KVM for everything else.

Reply 3 of 8, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thinking of this one and than find something else for audio

Attachments

• aten 1.JPG
    Filename
    aten 1.JPG
    File size
    63.47 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • aten 2.JPG
    Filename
    aten 2.JPG
    File size
    71.29 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 6 of 8, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
scroeffie wrote on 2021-02-12, 17:39:

I am not sure you will find a "cheap" KVM that does audio. They are not cheap but worth it IMO if you want a neat and usable retro setup with multiple PCs.

Reply 7 of 8, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i bought the aten kvm switch on the pics above ,but not shure what kind of cables i need to buy ?
i have a 386 serial mouse din keyboard ,p1 serial mouse din keyboard ,and a p3 ps2 mouse and ps2 keyboard
any one can help me
thanks

Reply 8 of 8, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just standard extension cables should be fine.
You can also buy KVM cables with 2 PS2 cables are moulded into the VGA cable so you don't have 3 separate cables going between each PC and the KVM.
Perfect for the P3
KVM cables supporting serial are harder to find, maybe still worth the PS2 style for vga and have a din to PS2 adapter for keyboard, then you only need to run 1 extra cable for the serial mouse