VOGONS

First post, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was thinking of connecting one keyboard in the AT port and another to the ps/2 header, is there any other way ?

My motherboard has no ps/2 or usb

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 1 of 4, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Why the need for two keyboard connected to the same computer at the same time? I'm not sure how that would even work - the keyboard controller chip only has one set of control lines.

If it has a PS/2 header, then it's almost certainly intended for a mouse.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 2 of 4, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
megatron-uk wrote on 2021-02-19, 09:55:

Why the need for two keyboard connected to the same computer at the same time? I'm not sure how that would even work - the keyboard controller chip only has one set of control lines.

If it has a PS/2 header, then it's almost certainly intended for a mouse.

Comfort in relation to my setup, for no other particular reason, i already use usb and ps2 combo for PII-III and athlon XP.
I think i found a solution for me to use a single keyboard though and still maintain my current setup.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png

Reply 3 of 4, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

External PS/2 keyboard switch box will accomplish that then, but instead of connecting one keyboard to two or more computers, connect it the other way around.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 4 of 4, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
megatron-uk wrote on 2021-02-19, 10:58:

External PS/2 keyboard switch box will accomplish that then, but instead of connecting one keyboard to two or more computers, connect it the other way around.

Yeah i ended up buying this, now i can use my ps2 keyboard on my modern pc and all my retro rigs, i just use a ps2 to AT converter for Pentium I stuff.

Attachments

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png