VOGONS

First post, by sigurbjornl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

I've started using my OpenFlops with my SuperSocket 7 system while installing some software. The OpenFlops comes default with the FlashFloppy firmware and works fine out of the box with the PC with the same jumpers as a Gotek.

I wanted to use the Hxc compatiblity mode while I was installing some operating systems from floppy since it's convenient to be able to use a list of floppies and just switch between with the rotary, which works fine if I use the FF-HxC editor to create the HXCSDFE.CFG file but I wanted to use hxcfs so I could do this on the fly on the Retro PC itself.

HxcFS mostly works after putting it on a 720k floppy (doesn't seem to like being on a 1440k floppy and errors out), but still occasionally errors out with an LBA error either on startup or while writing the config.

It does allow me set the floppies, write the configuration to disk and read the file back in correctly, so I know it is saving the file in a format it understands, however the same cannot be said of the OpenFlops drive since it doesn't seem to understand the file that HxcFS is writing. I'm betting this is a file revision difference or a difference in the way FlashFloppy approaches the HXCSDFE.CFG file.

Does anyone know what the differences are between what the FF-HxC editor writes out and HxCFS or has tried HxCFS on a recent build of FlashFloppy with success?

----
Sigurbjörn